Wood grain finish starts with aluminum powder coating and laminates a wood film in the surface of aluminium extrusion to provide a wood-look appearance. In Otalum, we have a variety of wood-look finish and can base the color swatches you provide to match the finish you need. Besides, with the help of new generation woodgrain film and specialized powder, we can produce woodgrain finish extrusions used in the outdoor areas with a 10-year warranty.
Aluminum wood grain finish process is a heat transfer system, based on the physical reaction that makes the inks, from a solid stage, become gas and again a solid. At the precise temperature and pressure, the pigment inks transfer from the paper support and move into the synthetic layer of powder coating, fixing the original color and position into it.
A powder coat base that is applied to our aluminum substrate and heated precisely under controlled conditions.
Upon cooling, the woodgrain ink is applied using a plastic envelope of heat transfer inks, smoothed and vacuumed to remove any trapped air.
Regulated warming of the transfer elements, facilitates an ideal finish bond for exterior applications.
Finally, the plastic envelops of patterned ink vaporizes, leaving behind a stable woodgrain finish pattern that is unified with the powder coat base.
The wood grain finish on the aluminum profile is a highly durable product that is easy to clean and does not require any maintenance on the solid wood. It is highly resistant to heat, acid, humidity, salt, detergents and ultraviolet rays. Therefore, it is very suitable for indoor and outdoor residential and commercial building applications.
The biggest advantage of wood grain aluminum is that it can be used for indoor and outdoor applications. The aluminum, packaging layer and glue have all undergone extensive testing to ensure long-term performance.
Highly resistant to fading
When choosing wood substitutes, an important aspect is the paint's ability to maintain its color. Many designers choose wood to look like aluminum to avoid the natural graying process that wood goes through. Long-term tests under simulated weather conditions show that our wood veneer aluminum is 3 times more resistant to fading compared to other wood grain powder coating competitors.
1. Building exterior walls, outdoor canopies
2. Indoor curtain wall and ceiling decoration
3. Coffee shop, high-end business club
4. Plazas, stadiums, museums
5. Opera house, conference hall
6. Building aluminum curtain walls, column beams, balconies, partition decoration, outdoor decoration, advertising signs, vehicles, furniture, exhibition stands, instrument enclosures, subway vehicles, etc. Carved aluminum veneer has excellent basic characteristics and thermal insulation performance. The metal carved board can highly insulate the temperature changes on the surface of the external wall.