What is the aluminum profile? What are the characteristics and classification of aluminum profiles? Let us take a look together.
What is the aluminum profile? The aluminum rod is melted and extruded to obtain aluminum materials with different cross-sectional shapes. The production process of aluminum profiles mainly includes casting, extrusion, and coloring. Among them, the coloring mainly includes oxidation, electrophoretic coating, fluorocarbon spraying, powder spraying, wood grain transfer, and other processes.
1) Corrosion resistance
The density of extrusion profiles is normally only 2.7g/cm3, which is about 1/3 of that of steel, copper, or brass (7.83g/cm3 and 8.93g/cm3 respectively). Aluminum exhibits excellent corrosion resistance in most environmental conditions, including in air, water (or brine), petrochemical, and many chemical systems.
The aluminum profile is often used because of its excellent conductivity. On the basis of equal weight, the conductivity of aluminum is nearly twice that of copper.
3) Thermal conductivity
The thermal conductivity of aluminum alloy is about 50-60% of that of copper, which is beneficial to the manufacture of heat exchangers, evaporators, heating appliances, cooking utensils, as well as the cylinder head and radiator of automobiles.
The aluminum profile is non-ferromagnetic, which is an important characteristic for the electrical industry and electronic industry. Aluminum profiles are not self ignitable, which is important for applications involving handling or contacting flammable and explosive materials.
The machinability of the aluminum profile is excellent. In all kinds of wrought and cast aluminum alloys, as well as in all kinds of states of these alloys, the machining characteristics change greatly, which requires special machine tools or technology.
Specific tensile strength, yield strength, ductility, and corresponding work hardening rate control the variation of allowable deformation.
Aluminum is highly recyclable, and the properties of recycled aluminum are almost the same as that of primary aluminum.
1) Building aluminum profiles(divided into doors and windows and curtain walls).
2) Radiator aluminum profile.
3) General industrial aluminum profile: it is mainly used for industrial production and manufacturing, such as automatic mechanical equipment, the framework of cover, and customized mold opening by various companies according to their own mechanical equipment requirements, such as assembly line conveyor belt, elevator, dispensing machine, testing equipment, shelf, while it is mostly used in electronic machinery industry and dust-free room.
4) Aluminum alloy profile for rail vehicle structure: mainly used for the manufacture of the rail vehicle body.
5) Mount aluminum profile, used to make an aluminum alloy picture frame, mount all kinds of exhibition and decorative paintings.